Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Nellie Did Next...

Well...thought I'd do a little bit of a write up of what I got up to while away from the 'Big Smoke'. Just a couple of days out of town, but it's nice to get away.

Last Tuesday I took a friend and her brother back home to Dubbo. Hence visiting the place. Always a nice place to get away to. Visited another friend while out there. Driving out there took up most of Tuesday, and we got to the farm in the evening as darkness was approaching, but not before I was able to get the photo of the sunset (featured below).

Wednesday was a nice easy day where we just stayed at home and read, and relaxed, and vegged out on some Phantom of the Opera (25th Anniversary edition, live at the Albert Hall, London). That was very good. Nice easy day. Hence me forgetting to actually take a photo.

Thursday was going into town. We arranged to meet up with another friend at the South Dubbo Tavern for lunch (which they don't do too badly, at all) and then drove into town after dropping our friend off at his house. In town I was able to pick up a great bargain: an Espirit dress that I had seen for $149.99 in Sydney at the beginning of Summer Wear Season. Not a bargain at that price, hence leaving it until coming out to Myer Dubbo, where they had it (towards the end of the season, yes...) for $79.99, and then it was reduced some more, and because of a gift voucher given to me for Christmas two years ago, I got it for $34.95. Not bad, not bad at all... After a little bit more browsing of the shops we went and had coffee with the friend we met up with for lunch to look over his house (that's relatively new, still). Bought a book, too, that should help with writing things about books that I've been reading all year, and should help me keep reading during the year. That was good, and it wasn't long before we started heading back 'home' for the evening.

Next day was another trip into town to see the latest Sherlock Holmes movie, as well as visit the Old Dubbo Gaol. The movie was good, and quite enjoyable. More intrigue, or something (or a better plot line?), made it quite good, and worth seeing. Horror night at Old Dubbo Gaol was worth going too, as well...even if I did ruin one of the 'ghosts' little gig by seeing her moving, getting into position to try and scare my friend and me. We got back to the farm a little after midnight, having had ourselves some fun driving back. If you must know, I like night driving sometimes better than daytime driving due to sunlight being a hassle at times.

Anyway...Saturday was the day I was driving back, and didn't leave until an hour and a half after I was expecting to...due to my own fault at procrastinating it. I had fun looking at the property guide for the area...and dreaming the prices in Sydney were the same for the same types of properties. Oh...to dream. 3-4 bedroom homes at $300 000. Oh...to dream...

The drive wasn't very eventful apart from roadworks and fog in the Blue Mountains. It was great to see...and fun to drive through. Nothing major, and got home fairly much at the expected time.

So, that was my few days away. Nice and easy, and fun, with many relaxing moments. Twas good, 'twas good, and hopefully shall do it again sometime this year... Maybe winter time.

Cheerio!

No comments: