Saturday, September 25, 2010

Holidays

Well, all I can say is...ABOUT TIME!

This term seems to have dragged on, but also sped along, all at the same time. The days seemed to fly by - probably because we were all constantly on the go, doing things to make sure everything was running smoothly at school. And yet, at times the days could not go fast enough. Especially when I was teaching certain classes. Other teachers would understand - there is always one class that you just don't want to face...especially on certain days when you're already not in a good mood.

I must admit, I haven't done as much work as I should have during the whole term. Or, rather, I've been very slack and not done enough work in my own time, thereby creating extra work for me to do during the holidays. That sucks, but that's my own fault.

My favourite National Rugby League (NRL) team is in the semi-finals tomorrow night, and I'm definitely barracking for them to make it through to the grand final. It would be great if they did. They seem to bail out in the semis each time they make it, but...High hopes this year. Go the DRAGONS!!!

Apart from that, and hoping to maintain some kind of semi-respectable status in an English Premier League (soccer) tipping comp, there isn't really much that has occurred, or is going to soon occur, in my life after this term finished today. School, home. That seems to be my life. Very boring. I seriously must start thinking about achieving something more with my life.

And the real dratter these holidays - though not at the same time, because of the reason - is that I can't go out and visit my friends from where I used to live. I'm housesitting at the moment, and so enjoying the break from home. However, because of that, I have an obligation to not go anywhere, in case of any break-ins, etc. I would feel very guilty if something occurred while I was away. So, I'll just have to try and squeeze a visit in before Christmas.

Oh, heading to Rome for NYE and three weeks after that. That's certainly something to look forward to, apart from seeing Muse in early December. Yes, those are both highlights of my life at the moment.

But holidays are made for vegging out with, right? Here's to vegging out! (Oh...and all the marking that goes with not completing it before the term ended...)

No comments: