Saturday, September 04, 2010

Why would you? Why???

The other day I was driving along in my car when I saw one of these:

My question is: why would you buy a 4WD-looking Porsche in the first place? Why? Yes, the sales for Porsches have increased by 50% since they introduced the Cayenne, but WHY?

If you want a Porsche, be a traditionalist, and go for their trendy, beautiful cars that have style. If you want a 4WD to take the family off-road, buy a Pajero, or Patrol, or one of them!

If you want to add something that says "Look, I have tonnes of money to waste" why not get a BMW 4WD instead?

Okay, so I haven't looked at the specs to see if the cars are better or worse in steering and all that, but to spend money on a Porsche...when it's a 4WD...SO NOT WORTH IT!

When is someone going to take one of them 'off-road'? No one would want to take one of their fancy Porsche 4WD off-road - they might get it muddy! That's why I'll never understand it!

Go spend your money in a more sensible fashion when buying a 4WD - get something that is going to take the mud, and you're not going to care, when you take it off-road. If you want a Porsche, get one that is beautiful, like this one:

So much better than having a 4WD version of a Porsche. Too much money for sense, methinks!

No comments: