Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Muse and U2 Concerts

If you hadn't already found out, I went to the Muse Concert on Friday night and the U2 concert on Monday night in Sydney. They were great! Actually...MUSE WERE AWESOME....U2 WERE GREAT!

The concert at Acer Arena for Muse was absolutely wonderful. They couldn't have done a better job. Actually, including the song 'Invincible' would have just topped the night off like nothing else. But they played my favourite ('Starlight'), so I suppose there really can't be any complaints whatsoever to be made.
The light show to go with it was just great! A couple of times the green lights went straight into the eyes, but you get that. It's nothing. And having the screens as they were so that you could see them really easily - brilliant idea!!
And I found it just absolutely wonderful overall because I was able to sing along with all the songs. Yes - I'm that much of a fan! And (if you didn't know), I'm that much of a fan in only 7 months...
I'm hoping that they plan another trip out to Australia in the next couple of years. Maybe after the release of another album. Is there another album in the works, guys? Please? Pretty please???

The U2 concert was great. Definitely. It was just wonderful to be able to see the band live, after watching video clips and listening to the CDs that I own of their stuff since my oldest friend gave one to me back in the 90s (All That You Can't Leave Behind). And the setup was great to see after seeing some photos of it friends had taken at other concerts.
The light show for them, too, was great. There were many and varied light displays on the stage, some very pretty. The big '360*' screen was wonderful, as well! What a great way to enjoy the show so that everyone in the stadium can see the band.
The only problem was that I didn't know all the songs. I haven't got their last couple of albums, and so I haven't been able to keep up with their stuff. When they played something new it sounded, at times, just like a bit of noise.
It wouldn't be a U2 concert, though, without a political message. It was good to see them advocating for the release of political prisoners, and having Amnesty International lanterns on the stage. It's good to see high profile people putting their name behind a cause. I just hope that what they do actually gets somewhere, rather than be ignored. Doubt you could ignore them all the time, though.

I've put a couple of pages up on my blog for these concerts. Probably will actually amalgamate them in the end. Will probably only put a couple of pictures up of the Muse concert (cause we were seated quite a distance from the stage, and they're mostly blurry), but will put a few U2 photos up.

Overall, they were great concerts, and you missed out big time if you weren't there. (Then again, if you aren't a fan, I suppose you didn't....but you should be a fan...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Nelle said...

Hey David. I don't know how it is odd. If you can elaborate on that, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.