Sunday, May 22, 2005

This last Weekend

The last two and a half days have seen me travel (drive) around 780kilometres...just for a birthday party. You say it sounds silly? Well, it was a surprise party for my Uncle. He turned 60, and it was worth going. I had to travel from Armidale down to Maitland, and the traffic was fine until I got to around Singleton. Then all the shift workers, etc, from the mines and other ajoining companies start heading home, and I started finding the trip frustrating. But all in all, the travel both there and back was good, and fun. I love to drive the New England Highway, especially the mountains (the Moonbies) between Tamworth and Armidale.

I stayed overnight at my Uncle Brian's, where I saw 'Die Another Day' for the first time. Oh boy. Very Bond. Need I say more?! But that was good. And then the following morning I got to have a slight tour of the school that I am going to do prac at (starting on Friday, 27th [this Friday]) and then I moved on to where the party was going to be. It was a lunch, so that everyone had plenty of time to get there and get home again afterwards, especially if they were travelling from Sydney. Uncle Bob was totally surprised. It would have been nice to have known how they were going to surprise him, so that the video could capture him properly, but still, just to see his face when he first hopped out of the car. It was good. Uncle Bob enjoyed the party very much, and was talking more to people than paying attention to getting something to eat, as he hadn't seen some people for a long while.

I had to leave the party at about 4:30pm to be able to get back to Armidale in good time, and they were still going strong when I left. Some people were leaving at the same time, because they had to, but I doubt that Mum and Dad would have left before they had started cleaning up things with my cousin and some of his relations on his mother's side. I got back to Armidale at about 20 to 10pm without my car overheating.

Yes, I thought for a little while that I would not be able to go on to Armidale when I got to Tamworth. From about Murrurundi onwards the engine light was on. I thought...I'll stop at Tamworth for dinner, and if it is still on when I get to Armidale, there is a problem for sure, especially if I check the oil and water and there isn't a problem. I had stopped at Scone for a drink, but obviously my car wasn't happy that I had missed the usual Muswellbrook stop and pushed on to Scone and then only stopped at Tamworth after that. The light was off from Tamworth to Armidale, so obviously it wasn't anything to worry about. I'll just have to make sure everything is fine when I travel down on Thursday afternoon to Maitland again.

SO, that is the most exciting thing that has happened this weekend. The party, and then my car mucking up a little bit. I've been watching the digitalised Digital version of 'Star Wars' (the original trilogy) on DVD over the last week. I am really displeased with George Lucas changing the ending of 'Jedi'. Not Happy Jan. They changed Anakin's GHOST!!! How could they? Anyway...best not say any more.

Played soccer this morning. That was good. It was against our good rivals, Duval College, and we beat them 4-0. Marvellous Effort That. They were, however, down players for about the first 20-25 minutes (30 minute halves). We scored another goal after they had got more players, but we didn't score any in the second half. But it was a good game with a bit of rough and tumble happening, but that is what happens when we play our best rivals. :)

Anyway...got to go and do some more work. I have to start planning for the next few weeks, but I don't think that I can do much until I get to prac. But I do have three assignments that I have to hand in during practicum, so that will be fun. Woohoo! Hooroo!

No comments: