Sunday, May 08, 2005

Another Weekend Over...

This weekend saw a few things happen in the sporting arena for me. Firstly, there was NERF on (the women's version of AFL - you can still tackle people when they have the ball, there are only two goal posts, simple things like that). That was fun. I only played three of the five games that were on (only 6 of the colleges put in to play in the end). I decided not to play the final game today because of a couple of reasons. Mainly, they were going to have a heap of the soccer girls go and play that I would have only been on for one quater at the most, as well as other things.

Yesterday the NERF comp started, and I played in the first two games. We won the first and drew the second and (I found out later) we won the third game that was played. I didn't play the third game because I had to be somewhere else - the UNE netball courts. No, I haven't signed up to play netball this season, but at the rate it's going, I may as well have. For the last two weekends I have been asked to play. Last weekend, there was soccer (MB comp) and a forfeit (weekend netball comp). This weekend, we played with only five players (seven is good!!) and lost terribly. But at least the team we played were very bad. If we had had a full team we might have given them a run for their money.

So, yes, my weekend has been NERF and netball. I haven't signed up to play soccer this year for a couple of reasons. I don't want to do my ankles an injury (after last weekend's efforts, they were slightly swollen and clicky...so...no...not a good idea, I think...) as well as me being in college for only another three weeks before I go on prac. No point, I think. Plus, they will call me up if they need the numbers, I'm sure. They can usually rely on my joining in just for the fun of it.

I still don't know where prac is at the moment. Was supposed to find out by either the end of last week or at the beginning of this week. Well...let's hope that they have their act together in the Prac Experience Office and have a notice up about it tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I need to contact the school as quickly as possible to start planning a unit of work, if not two.

Well, there is nothing really much else to say. Talk to you some other time, then.

No comments: