Friday, December 15, 2006

One More Week...That's All...

Today was the last Friday of term. Next week, there are only four days of school. This I am happy about. But I'm unhappy too...

I'm happy that there are only four more day...only four more days of seeing the kids, and then I have seven weeks off! Nothing like it. I'll be going away for three of those weeks overseas in Europe and America. That will be very nice. Get to see my brother and his wife for the first time in about a year and a bit. And then I have about three and a bit weeks left over to spend time in Sydney (maybe catch up with some friends) and then to come back to where I am situated to create new programs for 2007.

But I'm unhappy too. I won't be able to spend the evening on Thursday with the other teachers. I am planning on travelling down to Sydney on Thursday night to avoid traffic, to have a whole day at home before spending a Christmas Evening with my Mum's side (as well as my Dad's brother, it seems), as well as catch up with some friends before Christmas. I really would like to spend the evening with the teachers so that I can party with them for the end of term. But I suppose I see them enough at home, and I've 'partied' with them before.

Anyway...I'll be going away in a little more than a week to London. That will be fun. I hope that I don't get jet lag very badly, so that I can enjoy Christmas very much. And also...I hope I don't forget the presents!

No comments: