Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Christmas Tree

Some will wonder why I decided to get a Christmas Tree this year when I will be going overseas for Christmas. Going overseas doesn't mean that I can't celebrate Christmas beforehand with friends and family in Austalia. Plus, it just isn't Christmas without a Christmas Tree, I think. So, I went to the local BigW (140 kms away) and found just what I wanted. I got the lights and decorations at the same time and think that it really looks nice (though not near as covered as the one that we have at home).

I still haven't got an Angel or Star...I couldn't find any Angels that I liked or would work and the Stars were ones that all lit up. I don't want a star that lights up. I just want an everyday looking Star that works nicely uptop my Tree. The Angels are becoming works of art in themselves, also...with nothing of substance to them. I don't want that, either.

I guess this reflects a little on society in that Angels and Stars are not seen as necessary anymore, even though they are pinnacle to the whole Christmas Story. Do people who don't attend Christmas Mass/Services even remember the reason why we celebrate Christmas? I wonder...

No comments: