Monday, October 25, 2010

Procrastination

Procrastination is a wonderful thing. We all do it, whether we admit to it or not. Some are 'better' at it than others, if procrastinating is a thing to be good at. Many teachers are not procrastinators - they are quite efficient and wonderful at getting a job done at the right time, or in the right amount of time. Others, though, need a helping hand - such as me.

Marking is my downfall. If I can dodge marking until the very last minute, I will. I hate it. It is the bane of my teaching existance. But, next year...I'm going to turn over a new leaf. Hmmm...hang on...I've heard that one before. Hmmm...how to make it actually occur, I hear myself ask. That is where this might actually help.



I've never actually been that good at using a diary. I keep forgetting to write in them. I start at the beginning of the year, and then just lose track, and forget about it, until I think "Well, it's not worth doing it again..." or "Where is that diary?" So, the problem is actually using this diary correctly.

That is where it would have been helpful if I'd actually taken photos of the inside.

They give you a week/two weeks/month ahead planner on the left-hand side of the double open page. They have the names of 'Needs to be done NOW', 'Can be put off for a while', 'Don't really need to think about it for a long while' - that kind of thing (names are not exact because I can't remember them properly). On the other side they have the normal 'What's on each day of the week' kind of layout. What's part of the gag, though, is that they have a 'doodle' section on the right-hand side of the double page, well as funny titles for each section of the double page. It makes the diary more appealing for those of us out there who are slightly 'Diary-phobic' - and can't plan to save our lives!

Hmmm....perhaps I should have got one of these for this year, then I could have planned my Girls Night In better - that is coming up this Saturday night.

*N.B. - Saw this outside BigW, at the calender stall, Westfield Miranda.

No comments: