Friday, November 12, 2004

Third Time Lucky...

Welll, this is actually the fourth time, now as I just typed something, and it is now all gone. So, here goes trying to remember what I wrote, right? :)

Prac - it is going well. I started it on Monday, and I taught two lessons today. Year 8 were first and second period and Year 7 were seventh period. Boring. No, not really. Year 8 were good, and I was able to get them to do their work. They just needed to be able to settle down, and I did that, and the teacher was really pleased with the work that I did with them. That was good. The teacher supervising me for that class, as well as the Year 10 class that I have tomorrow is an ex Jannali High teacher, and I didn't expect that. It was kind of weird walking into the staffroom the first day and seeing him there. Anyway...he is teaching me, once again. Scary thought.

Year 7 were in seventh period, and very unsettled. They don't have much respect for the teacher or what they are saying. They don't have much discipline, so I'm going to see what I can do about that while I'm there. Hopefully I'll be able to get them to do some work while on prac. :)

There are two teachers in the staffroom, also, that have taught at Sydney Tech High. Scary, isn't Peter. :) And one of them remembers both you and Andrew. The other teacher left Tech before either of you started there. He is the head teacher at Kirrawee for HSIE. So...what do you think about that?

Anyway, must go an prepare for tomorrow. Got Year 10 to teach during 3/4 periods. Have fun storming the castle, and wish me good luck in teaching Geography on Iraq. Why anyone would be interested in that place, who knows!? :)

Seeya',
Nelle! :)

No comments: