Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Cricket

I am a fan of cricket. I love the game. I am just not very good at it. But that doesn't let me not enjoy watching the cricket on the tellie or live. Like when NSW versed SA in a one-dayer last Sunday at Bankstown Oval. I got a ticket for the game and so I went.

The game began with the NSW-men putting the SA in to bat. Mr McGrath only got one wicket, but that was alright. He went off after the 10 overs, being super-subbed (don't ask me by whom, though...I can't remember). Mr McGill, Mr Lee, Mr Bracken and Mr S Clarke did very well in getting the wickets. However, I was disappointed when Mr Blewitt (of SA) got out when he wasn't. A pity, but good for the NSW-men, as he was scoring very well. In the end, NSW had SA out for 245.

The NSW innings began brilliantly after the batsmen got their eye in. I thought at one stage that NSW would get the score within the 40 overs to gain the bonus point, but, unfortunately, with wickets falling a little quickly in the middle of the 50 overs, NSW had to bat a little more conservatively, and only made the score with a ball to spare. Mr Bracken, in the third last over, helped the score balance with the number of balls to be faced by hitting a wonderful six. However, with a wicket falling in the second last over, it stopped the runs coming so freely. 'Dizzy' Gillespie did well in his bowling, getting a wicket as well as taking two catches for SA. However, that couldn't stop out team winning.

Well done to NSW. I hope that this weekend they can do as well against the Tassie Tigers at the SCG. And I hope that this weekend when I go to watch that I don't get suburnt like I did at BO. That was the only disagreeable thing about the day.

No comments: